fib n : a trivial lie; "he told a fib about eating his spinach"; "how can I stop my child from telling stories?" [syn: story, tale, tarradiddle, taradiddle] v : tell a relatively insignificant lie; "Fibbing is not acceptable, even if you don't call it lying" [also: fibbing, fibbed]
- Rhymes: -ɪb
- A lie, especially one that is more or less inconsequential.
- You've been telling fibs again, haven't you?
- To lie, especially more or less inconsequentially.
- French: bobard
Etymology 2Shortened from fibula
Fib may refer to:
FIB is an acronym or abbreviation that may mean one of the following:
- Facultat d'Informàtica de Barcelona, the Barcelona School of Informatics of the Technical University of Catalonia
- Federation of International Bandy, the international governing body for the sport of bandy
- Festival Internacional de Benicàssim, a music festival held in Benicassim, Valencia, Spain
- The gene encoding fibrinogen
- Focused ion beam, an analytical instrument used in the semiconductor industry
- Forwarding Information Base
- Federal Investigation Bureau, an austrian federal police force
- Federal Investigation Bureau, a fictional agency in the 2008 video game Grand Theft Auto IV, based on the real life Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
fib in Catalan: FIB
fib in German: FIB
fib in Spanish: FIB
fib in French: FIB (homonymie)
fib in Italian: FIB
fib in Japanese: FIB
be untruthful, blague, bouncer, canard, cock-and-bull story, concoct, deceive, draw the longbow, equivocate, equivocation, evasiveness, exaggerate, exaggeration, fabricate, fairy tale, falsehood, falsify, falsity, farfetched story, farrago, fiction, fish story, flam, flimflam, ghost story, half-truth, legal fiction, lie, lie flatly, little white lie, make up, mendacity, mislead, palter, pious fiction, prevaricate, prevarication, slight stretching, speak falsely, story, stretch the truth, tale, tall story, tall tale, taradiddle, tell a lie, trump up, trumped-up story, untruth, untruthfulness, white lie, yarn